A blog about knitting, sewing, baking and other crafts and things I like to make and do.

Monday 12 December 2011

Sequined Skirts and Silver Hotpants

An evil winter cold kicked in this last week so I've not done anywhere near as much knitting as I would have liked. It meant I didn't get the silver sparkle top finished in time for my work Christmas party last  Friday.

Oh well, I will hopefully get it finished in time to wear it on Christmas Day.

My love of silver sparkly and black shiny things is growing ever stronger as the festive period approaches.



I've just bought myself this bargainous black reflective sequined pencil skirt from M&S. Quite possibly the BEST SKIRT EVER.

My thoughts have also turned to New Years Eve and what I shall wear. I've just sold four dresses on Ebay this week and to be honest I don't want to buy another dress when I have lots already. But I do want something new and exciting and sparkly to wear!

So I have decided to make some silver sparkle hot pants like the French Connection ones I've spoken about before here but the difference with these ones will be:-
1. they will be made by me and so no one else will be wearing the same thing
2. they will cost just the price of the fabric and zip - less than £10.
3. they will give me no end of pleasure when people ask me where my shorts are from and I tell them I made them!

Fabric shopping later this week. Will post with pictures then.

No comments:

Post a Comment