A blog about knitting, sewing, baking and other crafts and things I like to make and do.

Monday 28 November 2011

'tis the season to be sparkly

For the first time in the history of my being I have started my Christmas shopping in November. I've even wrapped some of it!  I've never felt so organised (and smug).

I like shopping for presents, I genuinely get a buzz out of it. My gripe is this....at this time of year the shops are so full of delicious sparkly cute things THAT I WANT FOR ME!
Take these silver sparkle  hotpants by French Connection for example. Words can not express how much I would like these. This is not Christmas gift shopping... this is Christmas Wendy shopping.

A bit of an online browse for Christmas gifts this evening has also revealed that I am liable to dribble uncontrollably when confronted with leather bound notebooks, wool blankets and brushed cotton pyjamas.
Oh so pretty and so perfect for ME ME ME. Not for gifts, for me!

However I am pleased, and surprised, to say that temptation  - and my utter greed - has not got the better of me  and I have so far resisted any urges to self-gift this season.

Well almost.

I popped to John Lewis with every intention of buying some sock yarn to make Christmas socks. Instead I got five balls of  this...

Sirdar Firefly Metallic in a beautifully sparkly silver colour. It is possibly the most irritating yarn I have ever knit with, as it's forever catching on my fingers and getting caught in the points of my needles. Aaah but look at how pretty and textured  it is and how much it sparkles.
I'm knitting a simple little cowl neck top which is coming together pleasingly quickly. Can not wait to wear this at Christmas parties and to sparkle under the fairy lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment