A blog about knitting, sewing, baking and other crafts and things I like to make and do.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Mittens for kittens and Autumn socks

Typing up this blog post in my just finished fingerless mittens!  mittens for kittens? Well, actually mittens for my friend Gayle for her birthday but mittens for Gayle doesn't rhyme so well. I'm really pleased with how they look. The ribbon stitched through looks really cute I think. They were not without their troubles though. I let myself get distracted and it wasn't until I was finishing off the loose ends that I noticed I had knit two right hand mittens. Arghhhhhhhh! Some swearing, unravelling and re-knitting later and I am happy to see them finished. Off to keep warm the hands of their lovely new owner. Happy Birthday Gayle, I hope you like them as much as I do xxx

I love this time of year. At the weekend I was in north London strolling through beautiful  Waterlow Park and admiring the amazing colours of the leaves on the trees. It's difficult to not be inspired during Autumn. For my next knitted project I'm thinking of making long socks to peak over the top of my boots, in the colours of the photo below. Autumn socks. Hmmm I suspect a visit to the wool shop might be on the cards :)


No comments:

Post a Comment